CONSTRUCTIONThe standard BIOCOMP wastewater treatment plant consists of: I. Mechanical section:
- grid and grit chamber or sieve-grit chamber together with flushing and dewatering of screened solids and sand.
- anaerobic chamber with predenitrification chamber or a selector,
- nitrification chamber,
- denitrification chamber,
- grit filter or a unit with UV lamps (optional).
- final settling tank,
- aerobic sludge digestion chamber,
- sludge press.
OperationUntreated wastewater coming into the plant goes into a mechanical device with a spiral sieve or a fine grit with a screened solids press and the horizontal aerated grit chamber with grease chamber, which preliminarily treats the wastewater. Screened solids and sand are taken away to the landfill. Mechanically treated wastewater flows into the separation chamber of the biological reactor. The biological process starts in the anaerobic chamber. Next, the mix of wastewater and sediments flows into the denitrification chamber where nitrogen particles are reduced. Then, wastewater and activated sludge flow into the nitrification chamber and then to the final settling tank. The flow of wastewater with suspended solids through all chambers of the reactor chamber is gravitational. Only recirculation and excessive sludge removal are done mechanically. Separated sludge in the final settling tank in diverted to the biological section. Having been mechanically dewatered and sanitized with lime, sludge is stored and then taken away e.g. for environmental use.
ResultsOperation of BIOFLOW wastewater treatment plants that work using integrated sludge technology, complex wastewater treatment using organic substances mineralisation, nitrification, denitrification and phosphorus removal process using Bardenpho process with Bernard modification shows that the average level of certain particles measured at the outflow are much below the limits stipulated by Polish provisions of law.
- Short development time (assembly of chambers using precast elements).
- Low investment costs.
- High reliability.
- Durability of materials and devices used.
- High treatment efficiency, constant in time.
- High efficiency of biological removal of nitrogen and phosphorus.
- Easy operation.
- Monitored by BUMERANG system (one system for all facilities), which provides complete information about the work of installed devices and helps to optimise maintenance costs.
Ecol-Unicon BIOFLOW wastewater treatment plant