BUMERANG is an intelligent system for monitoring and remote operation of water and sewage devices and facilities. It enables constant monitoring of the most important data in transportation, treatment and usage of treated wastewater as well as managing operation processes. The result of using Bumerang system are measurable benefits gained through:
- minimising the need for local facility monitoring and more detailed maintenance scheduling,
- increasing the ecological safety by reducing the reaction time of maintenance teams in case of a failure,
- reducing retention loss (in rainwater drainage systems).
The system analyses over 100 parameters and regularly informs about abnormalities in the process and device operation.
Advantages and Specification
- low system installation and operation costs – lack of need to create own infrastructure
- data transmission using GPRS technology and the internet
- on-line monitoring and remote operation from a dispatch station or other locations via the internet and using electronic devices such as PCs, laptops or tablets
- prolonging maintenance-free operation of the devices due to analysing over 100 parameters
- the possibility to connect almost infinite numbers of facilities into the system
- data transmission upon event, which guarantees status updates of all facilities with no extra data transmission costs
- fast, reliable and safe data transmission (private APN for monitoring purposes) using the largest mobile network operators
- a facility map showing complete current status of all monitored devices
- graphic and tabular presentation of parameters with process animation of the selected facility
- trends and events history archiving together with the monitoring dispatcher’s activities
- remote diagnostics and parametrisation of facility drivers (e.g. changing the work settings of pumps)
- active alarms window – one for all devices
- the possibility of enabling alarm text message service sent to a mobile phone; these alarm text messages are set up in SCADA software
Monitoring and control installations delivered with devices produced by Ecol-Unicon can cooperate with other devices within the same sewage network.